Download - XenServer
Having a supported platform is crucial for mission critical applications, and for those who are interested in obtaining product support for XenServer from Citrix, use of the installers in this section will qualify for support services.
Download XenServer 6.5 and XenServer 6.5 SP1
XenServer 6.5 was released in January of 2015. It was available in pre-release form under the project name of Creedence. All new XenServer installations should be made using XenServer 6.5.
Installers (Required for both XenServer 6.5 and 6.5 Sp1)
- The full documentation set for XenServer 6.5
Public Hotfixes for xenserver 6.5
Note that hotfixes for XenServer 6.5 will be created for six months after the release of SP1. New installations of XenServer 6.5 should apply SP1 which contains all hotfixes through hotfix 8.
- XS65E001 - XenCenter Update
- XS65E002 - XenServer Tools critical update
- XS65E003 - glibc fix for CVE-2015-0235
- XS65E005 - Critical XenServer hotfix for space reclaimation (UNMAP)
- XS65E006 - XenServer Security Update
- XS65E007 - XenServer Security Update
- XS65E008 - Update for NMI issue in PCIe pass-through
- XS65E009 - Update for VENOM (CVE-2015-3456)
- XS65E010 - Update for multiple security items
- XS65E013 - Update for CVE-2015-5154
- XS65E014 - Update for CVE-2015-5165
- XS65E015 - Update for multiple security items
- XS65E1016 - Update for CVE-2015-5307
PUBLIC HOTFIXES FOR XENSERVER 6.5 SP1
- XS65ESP1002 - Update for VENOM (CVE-2015-3456)
- XS65ESP1003 - XenServer Windows tools update
- XS65ESP1004 - Update for multiple security items
- XS65ESP1005 - Stability update
- XS65ESP1008 - Update for CVE-2015-5154
- XS65ESP1009 - Update for CVE-2015-5165
- XS65ESP1010 - Add Microsoft Windows 10 support
- XS65ESP1011 - Stability update
- XS65ESP1013 - Storage update
- XS65ESP1014 - Update for multiple security items
- XS65ESP1016 - Update for CVE-2015-5307
Software Development Kit (API Bindings)
Information on the integration work for Docker can be found on the Docker Community page. Docker container support is only available with XenServer 6.5 SP1
MEASURED bOOT and Conversion Manager SUPPLIMENTAL PACKS
Download XenServer 6.2
XenServer 6.2 was orginally released in June of 2013. It was the first release of XenServer as part of the open source initiative. While XenServer 6.2 remains a supported platform by Citrix, existing users are encouraged upgrade to XenServer 6.5 at their earliest convenience. New installations should be made using XenServer 6.5.
- XS62ESP1002 - Rated security critical
- XS62ESP1008 - Rated security critical
- XS62ESP1013 - Rated security high
- XS62ESP1014 - Rated security medium
- XS62ESP1015 - Rated security medium
- XS62ESP1 - Contains rollup of all hotfixes from XS62E001 through XS62E012 and adds support for Microsoft Windows 8.1 and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2. Future hotfixes may have 6.2 SP1 as a pre-requisite.
Software Development Kit (API Bindings)
- XenServer Measured Boot (Adds support for Intel TXT and remote attestation)
The XenServer Conversion Manager can be used to move VMs into XenServer from VMware VSphere.
The XenServer Dundee pre-release program is currently active. To download a preview of Dundee, please visit the preview download page.
If you are interested in the development repositories for XenServer, these are accessible and available on the developer page under Software -> Source Code.
In addition to the sources, we create a nightly snapshot from trunk and upload it. This nightly snapshot is ideal for those who are designing a product to work with XenServer and who wish to ensure they are testing early and often as we evolve the product. The most recent snapshots can be found on our development snapshot page, and as always we remind users of our snapshots that upgrading from a snapshot to a released version may not always be possible.
Third Party Management Options
Non-Windows GUIs for XenServer
While XenCenter is open source, many of our users (and especially developers) would prefer not to keep a Windows machine running just so that they can use XenCenter. There aren't many Linux/Mac capable GUI clients for XenServer, but hopefully one of these will work for you.
- Xen Orchestra is a new, open-source, web-based GUI for XenServer.